Express Entry is a permanent visa for individuals wanting to work & settle in Canada. In order to qualify, visa applicants are judged on basis of requirement after which a score is awarded using the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Unless applicants have Canadian education credential, they need to have foreign education suitability (equal to Canadian secondary school or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree) assessed & approved by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Equivalent Foreign Education
- Masters degree / PhD + 17 full years study
- 2 or more bachelor degrees + 15 full years study
- 3 year diploma, apprenticeship/trade certificate + 15 full years study
- Bachelor degree + 14 full years study
- 1 year diploma, apprenticeship/trade certificate + 14 full years study
- 1 year bachelor degree + 13 full years study
- 1 year diploma, apprenticeship/trade certificate + 13 full years study
- 1 year diploma, apprenticeship/trade certificate + 12 full years study
- High school certificate
According to applicants English & French language skills points are awarded on
The test (IELTS/ TEF) given by applicants must meet minimum language levels of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) and that its score must not be over 2 years old while applying for PR.
Applicants must have minimum 1 full year of continuous work time (or equal amount in part time) within the last 10 years that meet following level of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).
- O (managerial occupations)
- A (professional occupations)
- B (technical occupations and skilled trades)
The more work experience, essential occupational duties/description applicants are able to list in their application, higher the points will be awarded to have a good outcome.
Applicants aged between 17 – 49 years are considered fit in this segment.
For those applicants who already have found employment in Canada.
Points are awarded based on
- Partner or spouse education/work experience.
- Relatives settled in Canada.
Along with the main applicant, their dependents can also apply for dependent visa after which they can attend schools or work & live here with them.
Health & Character
All applicants need to pass Canada’s health & good character requirements. Generally a standard physical exam of blood, urine, x-rays & prior medical/criminal tests are ascertained to see applicant’s state of condition that will not endanger the health or safety of Canadian public.
Proof of Funds
Applicants must show enough money in their bank accounts to support themselves along with their family.
|Number of Members||Funds (Canadian dollars)|
|7 or more||$33,528|
|For each additional family member||$3,414|