The provincial nominee system of Canada allows applicants to settle and work in a particular territory they choose according to a program provinces have established with the Government of Canada to nominate immigrants wanting to settle in respective domain.
Job Offer – Applicant must have a valid job offer from a Canadian company based in desired province. Also applicants can show nomination certificate from a close relative living there.
Approval from Provincial Government – The job offer must be respectively approved by concerned provincial government. As applicants are evaluated by province requirements they need to fully prove/state reason over their desired interest to reside & work in that place.
Application for Permanent Residency – After receiving a nomination certificate from concerned province, applicants can forward another application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to avail PR.
Features of PNP
- Makes quicker access to Canadian immigration.
- No point based system involved as in case of express entry.
- Immigrants receive government approved subsidy in health care, free of cost education & other social benefits.
- Immigrants have the option to further work/study or make investments in business.
- Immigrant benefits are same as of express entry visa holder.
- Permanent residence visa holders can apply for Canadian nationality via this program.