The Yukon Nominee Program is designed to support its labor market with fast pace opportunities for foreigners seeking long term stable employment.
- Express Entry
- Skilled Worker
- Critical Impact Worker
- Business Nominee
Express Entry applicants can apply on basis of Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Program, or the Canadian Experience Class.
- Have a job seeker validation code received via online application.
- Proof of funds to settle themselves & family/dependents.
- Valid full time permanent job offer from Yukon employer.
- State the intention to settle & work.
Skilled Worker allows Yukon employers to sponsor foreign skilled workers to get PR.
- Education & work experience as per NOC Skill Level 0, A, or B.
- Minimum 1 year of related work experience.
- Valid work/study permits as per program/diploma chosen.
- Yukon employers must be Canadian PRs recognized by government body in Yukon.
- Yukon employers must comply with territorial labor standards.
- Employers must provide foreign applicants free of charge, health insurance while working.
- Employer’s job to foreign applicant must be equal to current wages in Yukon.
- Employer must pay for travel cost (incoming/return) of applicant coming to Yukon from his or her resident country, but not pay for family members/dependents travel.
Critical Impact Worker stream is available for sponsored experienced semi-skilled or unskilled occupations.
- Possess education minimum acceptable level of education is a high school diploma.
- Minimum 6 months work experience that match NOC skill level.
- Have valid work/study permit throughout the YNP application assessment process.
- Meet sufficient English or French language proficiency as per IELTS/TEF test.
- Employers must be Permanent Residents with their registered business operating in Yukon for at least 1 year meeting labor standards.
- Employers must pay applicants interview travel cost (incoming/return) to come to Yukon. (not pay travel cost of accompanying family/dependents)
- Employers must offer free of charge health insurance or government health benefits to chosen applicant.
Business Nominee is for individuals who have business experience & want to start a new business or purchase/partner an existing business in Yukon.
- Scored 65 points on Nominee Assessment Grid.
- Scored language level 6 in IELTS or 4 in TEF.
- Minimum 5 years of related entrepreneurial or business management experience.
- Minimum legal investment of $500,000 in business & show min. $300,000 CAD in liquid assets (cash, bonds, cash derivatives etc.)
- State intention to avail Yukon residency & why to operate business.